Wine Ratings and Data
Abbelio Wines uses several sources for the wine ratings and data shown on our site:
- Most data (for example region, appelation, grape varieties) is obtained from Cellartracker.com (updated weekly). Each wine with a Cellartracker rating has a link to take you to the Cellartracker page for that wine, where you can see more information including user contributed reviews of the wine.
- Ratings quoted are as follows. Most of the listed site require you to have an account before viewing their reviews. As such the link in the ratings section only takes you to the home page of the review site. The exception is Cellartracker which takes you to the Cellartracker page for the specific wine.
- CT: CellarTracker
- WS: Wine Spectator
- RP: Robert Parker's eRobertParker.com, featuring scores from Wine Advocate and other Parker reviews.
- BG: Burghound
- JR: Jancis Robinson. Please note that while most ratings we use are quoted as out of 100, Jancis Robinson's ratings are quoted as out of 20.
- IWC: Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
- JH: James Halliday's Austrlian Wine Companion.
- AP: Asian Palate
- DM: Debra Meiburg
- CRU: Cru Magazine (Hong Kong)
- JS: James Suckling, JamesSuckling.com.
- DT: Decanter Magazine.
- AVG: An average of all the ratings for this wine.
- Most wines will have a review/description from Abbelio Wines.
- Where available, the full tasting notes / reviews corresponding to the quoted ratings are given, along wih the date of the review and the score.
All data and reviews are used with permission.