James Suckling Announced 2019 Best Wine
James Suckling announced 2015 Siro Pacenti Brunello Vecchie Vigne as the best wine, which shows the vintage 2015 is the most perfect model of Brunello wine.
Suckling rated it full score and mentioned it’s one of the best Brunello wine he’d ever tasted. It’s full bodied, strong, with ripe fruit aroma and firm tannins.
The first 10 top wines are as below.
Rank and score:
- 2015 Siro Pacenti Brunello Vecchie Vigne, 100
- 2015 Brunello Montalcino Renieri, 100
- 2011 Prado Enea Gran Reserva Muga, 99
- 2017 Antinori (Castello della Sala), Cervaro Sala Bianco, 99
- 2018 Schafer Frohlich, Felseneck Riesling Grosses Gewachs, 99
- 2010 Rippon, Mature Pinot Noir , 100
- 2016 Larcis Ducasse, 99
- 2015 Fuligni, Brunello Montalcino, 100
- 2018 Errazuriz, Las Pizzaras Pinot Noir, 99
- 2016 Cheval Andes, 99
Luckily we have some Brunello wines that are very good to have a try, e.g. 2007 Siro Pacenti Brunello di Montalcino and 2008 Sesta di Sopra Brunello di Montalcino.
(Montalcino, the City of Brunello Wine)