How Long to Keep the Unfinished bottles Safely?
Posted on September 18, 2017 by Abbelio Wines | 0 comments
Normally fortified wines can be kept longer for around one month. However, other wines it would be only 3-5 days.
- Sparkling wine: as bubbles are gone after it’s opened, the aroma will disappear. The safe time only 1-3 days. It’s better to drink it all!
- Light bodied white and rose: it would slightly have oxidation reaction. Some with rich mineral aroma will taste better because of the slight oxidation reaction. E.g. French Riesling or Cabinet Sauvignon or Northern Italian Pinot Gris. Normally 5-7days.
- Full bodied white: like Chardonnay or Viognier, due to lower acidity, it would only be kept 3-5 days.
- Red: due to higher acidity and tannins, it could be kept longer. E.g. fuller bodied Petite Sirah would be kept longer than lighter bodied Pinot Pior after it’s opened. 3-5 days are still the best time.
- Fortified Wine: it’s usually kept for 28 days, due to less oxidation reaction.