2019 New Matches for Moon Cakes and Wines
As Mid Autumn Day is coming, will you try wine and moon cakes?
Wine contains rich amino acid and mineral substance and vitamins, which can neutralize greasy tastes of moon cakes. Different styles of moon cakes should match different wines.
- Yolk and lotus seed paste: light white wine. E.g. 2018 Sevenhill Inigo Riesling
- Meat taste: Argentina red wine. E.g. 2013 Luigi Bosca Gala 1
- Sweetened bean paste: sweet style wine. E.g. 2012 Château Lestevenie Saussignac 500ml
- Snow skin moon cake: sparkling. E.g. 2016 Pizzolato Prosecco Spumante Brut
- Five kernel moon cake: Chardonnay. E.g. 2015 Pitchfork Chardonnay Margaret River
The matches are different from that of last year. Please try the new tastes!